Forget Chinese take-out, when you can make your own at home! Shrimp & Broccoli Stir-Fry is so much more delicious and only takes 30 minutes or less to prepare.
Unlike a lot of other stir-fry recipes, shrimp & broccoli Stir-Fry actually requires very few basic ingredients. The sauce is simply a mixture of soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, and a few red pepper flakes, all these ingredients can be in your pantry.
Here are a few shortcuts for making this meal particularly easy and quick:
1. Buy shrimp that are already peeled and deveined.
2. Use fresh broccoli florets.
3. Boil water for the rice first, and allow it to steam while you prepare the stir-fry.
4. Stage all the ingredients before you start to stir-fry so that once you get started you can quickly add the next ingredients.
- 1 Pound Large Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 1/2 tablespoon canola oil (divided)
- 1/4 cup diagonally cut green onions
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 5 garlic clover thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Blot shrimp with a paper towel to dry and place in a medium bowl with cornstarch. Toss to coat.
- Heat a large wok or skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil and shrimp to pan; stir-fry about 4 minutes, or until golden brown. Do not over cook.
- Remove shrimp from pan. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and stir-fry green onion, ginger, and for 45 seconds. Remove from pan and add to the shrimp.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan and stir-fry broccoli for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in shrimp and onion mixture to pan. Pour in soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, and red pepper flakes and bring to a boil. Cook just 1 minute or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Serve immediately over rice.